Police Museum logo's

1st logo of the Montréal and Île-Bizard police museum

Logo du Musée (nouveau).
The museum’s first logo was a graphic reproduction of the west wing of the Bonsecours market. Located on rue Saint-Paul in Old Montréal and inaugurated on January 4, 1847, the Bonsecours market was used as the general headquarters of the Cité de Montréal police corps from 1848 to 1878.

The horse and carriage show the means of transportation used by the police during that era.

The architectural style suggests the historical origins of the police force and also provides an eloquent illustration of the importance of preserving its heritage. The juxtaposition of the horse-and-carriage with the building shows that the police force is not static but plays a mobile role that must adapt to the passage of time.


Current museum logo

The new logo is a reproduction of a kepi badge that itself bears the original logo of the museum. 

nouveau logo du Musée de la Police du SPVM


Ville de montréal