We are currently processing the video of the press conference to present it as a delayed broadcast.
The press conference was given by Marc Parent, director of the SPVM, Pierre Brochet, assistant-director of the SPVM in charge of operations, and Alain Bourdages, chief-inspector in charge of the Section planification opérationnelle.
A few facts about the demonstration on March 15, 2012:
- 7 police officers injured (minor injuries)
- 2 citizens injured by demonstrators
- 36 arrested individually
- 190 arrested on the corner of Berri and De Maisonneuve (mass arrest)
The arrests were for:
- Violating municipal regulations (majority)
- Section 31 of the Criminal Code*
- Citizens’ vehicles and buildings in 7 different areas
- Several Service de police dela Villede Montréal vehicles
* Arrest for breach of peace
31. (1) Every peace officer who witnesses a breach of the peace and every one who lawfully assists the peace officer is justified in arresting any person whom he finds committing the breach of the peace or who, on reasonable grounds, he believes is about to join in or renew the breach of the peace.
(2) Every peace officer is justified in receiving into custody any person who is given into his charge as having been a party to a breach of the peace by one who has, or who on reasonable grounds the peace officer believes has, witnessed the breach of the peace.
©2004-2013, All rights reserved. Service de police de la Ville de Montréal. | Legal notice
This site is optimized for a screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 pixels.